The black and white photo of Peggy’s Cove shows the relaxing maritime lifestyle with a calming landscape. A gentle river flows in from the cove and carefully cuts its way through the small fishing community.
On the right side of the river large white boulders fortify the riverbank while long blades of grass feed off the river water. On the left side, three docked boats float steadily and ready to fish, while an overcast signals rain. Two light posts and a set of power lines bring safety and energy to the town. Twelve or so weathered buildings stand proud after surviving two hurricanes over the last fifteen years. Their sidings are stripped of paint and the roof shingles are in need of repair. Peggy’s Cove is located on the eastern shore of St. Margarets Bay in Nova Scotia’s Halifax Municipality.
The cove was formally founded in 1811 and is loved and adored by the fisherman, photographers, and tourists.
Gear: Nikon D810, Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8 lens.
Settings: Focal length 24mm; exposure 1/160 sec; f14; ISO 125.
Creative Commons Licensing: You are free to share copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format for any purpose, even commercially, with attribution. Click here to view license details.